Monday, December 12, 2011

Barn Door Christmas Tree Stand

It's the best time of the year!  Hey crafty ladies.  It's Melinda from over at Under My Umbrella.   December's WYLTC is all about Christmas.  How can it not be?!!!   I'm not a fan of tree skirts although some of them now days are darn cute.  I'm a wood girl at heart.  I love the smell of it.  I walk into Home Depot and take a deep breath in.  Ahh the smell of wood.  With that said, this month I decided to focus on jazzing up my tree stand a bit with what else but wood!

You'll have to excuse my dark pictures!  The sun hasn't been showing it's pretty face in these parts lately :)  To make my barn door Christmas tree stand I built 4 mini barn doors with scrap wood.

I nailed three together.


I hinged the front door on so I can open and shut it to water the tree.  I almost forgot that part and nailed the whole thing together.  My poor tree wouldn't have liked that!

You're done!  It's that easy to have a cute barn door Christmas tree stand.



This is before my kids put all the ornaments on the tree. It gets a little crazy.  You know how it is...20 ornaments on one branch :) 


Stay tuned to see what the other WYLTC girls have created.   The theme this month is Christmas.   Come back on Friday to link up anything you have made dealing with the theme.  Can't wait to see all the cuteness!

6 comments:

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love this! I have some old fence boards that would work great! Not sure I can pull it off for this year. It's COLD outside!

great job!
gail

The Allen Family said...

Oh my!! I {adore} that!!! I want one for my tree!!!

Krystal said...

That is such a fun alternative to a tree skirt Melinda! I love it!

Candace & Nicole said...

Love it Melinda! Great job!

Sharla said...

Wow...I totally LOVE it!! I also love the smell of wood..too funny!

Jim Thomson said...

Really Good Post!!

Main Garage Doors offers a variety of garage doors that meet your needs, style, and budget. http://bit.ly/n9ikff