Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Tree Stand and A Stocking Holder...

Hi everyone! Happy December and Merry Christmas to you all.
It's Wendy from Craft Goodies here today to share a few quick and easy Christmas projects.
First, I have to give a big thanks to Melinda for her tree stand. Didn't know I'd be needing one until I pulled out the little trees and found one was completely missing all of the pieces to its stand!
I wanted something kind of "crate-ish", and country looking so I went with a few strips of cedar fencing.

I cut them down and made two boxes, then glued and nailed them together. I added slats across the bottom and then drilled a few holes through the base pieces and bolted the tree into it's new home.


 I can't wait for the wood to age a bit and take on that "gray" color.
{I still might add a fun, roughed up holiday image to the sides...still thinking!}
All in all super easy, and really fast. Had this done in about half an hour.

New problem this year-I decorated my mantle a bit different and thus my stockings needed a new way to hang. I'm completely into anything personalized these days so pictures were a must.
I used a few chunks of 2 x 6, wood drawer pulls, and a small wallet sized picture frame.


The wood got a fun and fast spray paint job, roughed up with the sander, and then a layer of stain before being glued together.
The hardest part was figuring out the tape on the stripes!

And last, I removed the backing on the frame, glued the glass into the frame and added my pictures. I want to be able to change them out over the years so I used velcro dots on each corner to mount the frame onto the base.

And TA-DAH! Our stockings are now hung by the chimney with care...


Thanks for another fun month ladies!
And for helping me get my house a bit more festive.
Merry Christmas to you all!!!

Happy crafting.

3 comments:

Krystal said...

SOOOOO cute! they both are adorable! I love your snowman next to the tree too! Nice work!

Melinda said...

Cuteness! The picture makes me miss kilee Jo! I always love seeing what you come up with :)

Stef said...

Love all your awesome ideas Wendy!!