Monday, September 3, 2012

September Crafts with Kids!!!

Hello everyone!
It's Wendy from Craft Goodies with you today to kick start out WYLTC? week.
I'm super excited for this month's theme, one because I got to choose it and two, because it was a ton of fun.
Our theme his month is Crafts with{or for} the Kids.
This is my last week with my girls home before we head back to school so it was a lot of fun to sit down and spend sometime with them doing something we all enjoy.
I've been working on putting a playroom together for my girls and figured as it's for them what better place to let them help. Here's what we did:
 
 
My girls, for the most part, are all big readers so I wanted to give them a place to hang out and read.
They helped me to paint the tree trunk, I added the flowers and then bult the loft using 2 bookcases as supports. And then they added their own little touch... 

 
They each painted their own little owl to place in the tree.
 They were cut from 1/2 inch MDF and are about 10 inches tall. {At this point I was a little worried, letting go and giving them creative freedom is really hard for me!}

 
Here's a few of them after details were added. We used paper, mod podge and ink.
 
 
If you were here last month you might notice they match the little guy in my GROW letters:
 
WHOOO loves it? ME! And my girls.
I don't craft with my kiddos enough. It was really great to stop and just be with them. We made a mess but made a great memory that we can relive everytime we look at the wall.
 
 
So go on, grab your kiddos and make a memory too. Join us for a week of crafty goodness as we take time to focus on our special little ones.
Melinda, Candace, Nicole, and Krystal will be here over the next few days to share more great ideas and projects with you, I personally can't wait to see what the've done!
 
Have a great rest of your day and seriously, go enjoy your muchkins!
Happy crafting. 


3 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh my goodness!!! All the owls turned out so cute! I bet your kids had so much fun helping out! Great job!!

Candace & Nicole said...

Such a cute tree Wendy! The owls are adorable too. Great job!

elsajohn said...

Hiya, I’m really glad I’ve found this information. Nowadays bloggers publish just about gossip and internet stuff and this is actually irritating. A good website with exciting content, that’s what I need. Thanks for making this site, and I’ll be visiting again. Do you do newsletters by email?
candy jar