Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Kitchen Cord Organizer by Under My Umbrella

Wow!  It's been one of those days.  It's Melinda from over at Under My Umbrella.  I'm excited to be up and posting again on WYLTC but I should have been posting about 9 hours ago.  I guess that's when you just say "Better late than never!".  I had a few ideas for projects for this month's kitchen theme.  None of them went as planned.  Boo!  The positive side of failed projects is I finally finished one that has been on my "to do" list for a while.   Our kitchen counter area seems to be charger station central.  We have cords for iPhones, iPads, iPods and DS games systems everywhere. I've seen lots of those cool cord charger organizers on pinterest and decided to make one up so I could hide the big mess of cords.


Goodness!  I love organization.  It just makes you feel good.  This project may look familiar... or not.  I made this for a project way back when for WYLTC.


A few months ago I took the box out of my kitchen and was trying to figure out what to do with it.  This project is perfect for it my cord organizer.  Basically I took some old molding, nailed it together to form a box and spray painted it.  For it to become my organizer I had to make a minor change.  I needed some place for the cords to come up to the top.  I used my saw to make 5 slits in the box. 



Turn it over on it's side and BAM!  Cord organizer :)  It needed a little more pizazz.  I grabbed some paper cut it in strips and used some mod podge to apply it to the wood.


It was really easy and changed the look of the project.  So there we have it.  My counter went from something like this...



To this....



It's called happiness!  I feel so grateful to be crafting with the wonderful ladies of WYLTC.  They really are a great bunch of people.  Thanks for putting up with my tardiness.  Craft up something wonderful and share it with us.  I love seeing what everyone is up to :)

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Love it!!! I think everyone needs a charge station these days! And I love that you were able to re-use an old project and make it something totally different. It looks fantastic!!