Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Ghost by Under My Umbrella

 Happy Halloween from Under My Umbrella!  I love Halloween and so do my kids!  They have been begging to pull out the decoration stuff since August.   August is a little early for me but at the beginning of this month when I picked the pumpkins out of my garden...I'm decided I'm ready to start celebrating.  I wasn't really sure what to name this little gem...a wreath?  A round?  A ghost wreath round?


I have a bunch of these rounds in my garage from when Wendy (over at craft goodies) moved.  They were throwing them out and my husband decided they could be used.  Yes, he does that a lot.  He will find something free and decide we must make use of it.  Well the rounds have now been sitting there years with no use.  Just taking up space.   I grabbed one and cut out a cute little ghost.




 I painted the round and ghost white and then painted a chevron pattern in the background.  Yes, I'm addicted to the chevron pattern :)   I grabbed some coffee filters and made use of that outside space by forming a wreath of sorts.  The ghost needed a bow and cute burlap banner to make her just adorable.  It's amazing what some coffee filters and hot glue can do!  Cute, easy and cheap.



The boys of the family feel we need to have some spiders crawling around on it.  We're off to the dollar store to grab some spider rings to creep up my cute project.  Thanks to the girls over at Crafty Sisters for motivating me to get my Halloween on :)

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Ok Melinda... That is seriously adorable!! That ghost is SUPER cute! I need one! What a great idea!!!

Nicole@CraftySisters-nc said...

So worth the wait! Thanks Melinda for another adorable idea!:)