Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hello Sunshine!- Sassy Sanctuary

Hello all!  Krystal from Sassy Sanctuary here today. Its been a long time, no blogging.  Here is my excuse.

Meet Liam!


The last couple of months have been spent snuggling this little guy and chasing his 3 older siblings.  So not much crafting was going on and boy did I miss it!

Crafting makes me happy.

Its sorta my "me" thing, so a round of WYLTC was definitely in order!

When Melinda announced that our theme would be "summer,"  I admit I was stumped!  So I got on pinterest and search summer decor and found a bunch of  "hello sunshine"  signs and other crafts.  So I decided to do my own spin off of that.  Because what says summer more then sunshine?!?!
(and I do LOVE the sunshine!)


It makes me happy.  :)

Now I was a horrible blogger and completely forgot to take pictures along the way, but here is my method.

I always make a paper templete before I transfer anything to wood.  I used a kitchen plate to get a half circle, then made one of the suns rays and traced it around the sun.  I just eyeballed the spacing.  They arent perfect but close enough!  I also just free handed the little cloud.  Once I had my template I traced the sun and cloud onto wood and cut them out. 

Then all you have to do it sand and paint!  I decided to add a little paper to the middle part of the sun and then, because I felt like it still needed a little something, something... I added gold and white glitter.


I cut the text "hello" from vinyl and used it as a stencil to paint on my word.  The font is called "japan".

Then you just hot glue (or any glue you prefer) your cloud to the sun and let it brighten your day!



I hope you all are having a faboulous summer so far!  And be sure to come back to see what Wendy and the Crafty Sisters have in store for summer!

Now I'm off to tend to a hungry baby!


1 comment:

Kristy Smith said...

What size of wood did you use for the sun and the rays? How did you get the rays to stick on the sun?